Please Note: Refurbished and Pre-Owned tablets do not include a SIM card.
Features * 9.7" (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology
* Multi-Touch screen
* 3G data service (data plan sold separately)
* Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
* Up to 9 hours of battery life When surfing the Web using the 3G data network.
* Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
* Built-in applications. iPad comes with Safari, Mail, Photos, Videos, YouTube, iPod, iTunes, App Store, Maps, Notes, Calendar and Contacts applications.
* iBooks app. Browse, buy and read eBooks from the iBooks app, available as a free download from the App Store.
* 32GB memory capacity For storing your music, video, apps, photos and eBooks.
* Location Assisted GPS, Cellular, Wi-Fi and digital compass.
* Sensors Accelerometer and ambient light sensor.
* Input and output Dock connector port, 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, built-in speaker and microphone.
* Language support English, French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese and Russian.
* Keyboard support English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France, Canada), German, Japanese (QWERTY), Dutch, Flemish, Spanish, Italian, Simplified Chinese (Handwriting and Pinyin) and Russian.
* Dictionary support English (U.S.), English (UK), French, French (Canadian), French (Swiss), German, Japanese, Dutch, Flemish, Spanish, Italian, Simplified Chinese (Handwriting and Pinyin) and Russian.
* Accessibility features Support for playback of closed-captioned content, VoiceOver screen reader, full-screen zoom magnification, white-on-black display and mono audio. PC and Mac compatible
Dimensions 1.6 lbs. and 0.5" thin
MFG: Apple MFG Part: MC496LL/A
There are 5 review(s) for this product.
good by surface
It is a good hybrid/clone between tablet and laptop.
Great tablet when it works... by Anne247
I bought this for my 84yr old father who is used to windows and does not want to take the time to learn a new system (iPad/Apple). He uses it all the time and likes it more than his Chromebook. He uses the Surface to surf the web, email, skype, excel and word; no video steaming or massive number crunching, just normal usage. His only compliant is it freezes for no apparent reason. A hard restart is required to unfreeze it. Unfortunately, his used to that with most MS products... So it's only a minor annoyance for him. I'm used to Apple products that are practically flawless. So, I can only give this an average rating. It's a great concept just typical clunky OS.
Ipad Killer by SurfaceFan
I have apple and android tablets that I use daily; now they will get little or no use. I purchased the surface pro 256 instead of the pro 2 version, due to the price being sub $650 on sale. After researching, I purchased the surface pro 256. I've installed office pro 2013, Norton 360 and QuickBooks 2014 onto my surface and they work with touch scene keyboard just as well as with the power cover keyboard. The battery life on the surface seems to be about 4.5 hours at full power, with the added surface power cover I've pushed 8 hours and still had battery left. As for the OS, I have been using windows 7 till now. The switch to 8.1 took me about a day to figure it all out. So far I love the unit. When you get the unit you will have to window update it out of the box. If you use a surface key pad of any type: power down unit after installing keypad or you the first windows update you do may not configure correctly." I had this issue " Microsoft customer service figured out the issue and walked me through what to do. THE BEST THING ABOUT THE SURFACE IS MICROSOFT CUSTOMER Support . The boot up and shut down speed of the surface is supper fast, WiFi reception is as good or better than any of the 9 computer in my home. You can't go wrong purchasing the surface pro256.
Great Features without the Pro 2 Price by EHV1
1) Good Combo of Laptop / Tablet
2) Integrates much better with Business software than an Apple or Android Tablet.
3) Fast startup and shutdown, will have a hard time ever going back to any kind of spinning disk for data storage etc.
4) If you use GO TO MY PC, you can leave your office laptop, in the Office.
5) OneNote is perfect, and all the notes that I used to take on paper, are useable from any platform.
6) If you have to use Microsoft Office programs @ work, it is seamless to use.